Prawns with goat's cheese and coriander
- Old Cheese
- 4 persons
- 25 minutes
- 200 grams mild goat’s cheese, cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 250 grams large prawns
- A touch of chilli powder or cayenne
- 1 red onion, cut into rings
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 beefsteak tomato, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
Heat the olive oil and sauté the garlic. Add the prawns and chilli powder and stir-fry for 3 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove the prawns from the pan and keep warm. Add the onion, pepper and tomato to the fat and braise for 5 minutes. Put the prawns back into the pan, heat them through and stir in the goat’s cheese cubes and 1 tablespoon of coriander. Sprinkle the rest of the coriander onto the dish just before serving. Lovely with toast or French bread.
TIPS Mild goat’s cheese can be substituted with a mild ewe’s cheese or pepper Gouda.
Why not substitute the coriander with spring onion and the shrimp with cubes of fresh tuna fillet.