Sheep cheese fondue
- Main Courses, Vegetarian Dishes
- Old Cheese
- 4 persons
- 30 minutes
- 1 clove garlic or 1 shallot
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 800 g Henri Willig extra old sheep cheese
- 1½ spoons corn starch + 2 spoons white wine
- 100ml Henri Willig pineapple ginger dip
Finely grate sheep cheese. Finely slice the shallot and heat in a saucepan on medium heat. Lower the heat and add the grated cheese in stages. Make sure to heat the cheese slowly, to avoid a stringy or chewy texture. Meanwhile, make a porridge with the corn starch and white wine and pour this into the melted cheese. The corn starch coats the fats and proteins in the melted cheese, preventing the cheese and wine from separating.
A la minute:
As a finishing touch, add the pineapple ginger dip.
Tasty to dip:
Attention! Cheese fondue becomes thicker the longer it sits on the table and cools.