Chinese cabbage with mashed potatoes, orange and cheese
- Main Courses
- Old Cheese
- 4 persons
- 40 minutes
- 250 grams Gouda natural, cut into mini cubes
- 1 kg of potatoes, peeled
- 100 ml of milk
- freshly ground pepper and salt
- 500 grams of Chinese cabbage, cut into strips
- 150 grams of smoked bacon cubes
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil or 25 grams of butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 oranges, peeled and divided into segments
- 2 tablespoons of shaved almonds
Boil the potatoes with a little salt in 20 minutes. Then make an airy puree with milk, pepper, salt and nutmeg. In the meantime stir fry the Chinese cabbage strips and bacon cubes for 5 minutes in the hot oil or butter.
Add curry powder. Halve the orange wedges. Spoon the cabbage, bacon cubes, the orange wedges and the cheese cubes through the mashed potatoes. Roast the almonds in a hot dry frying pan until golden brown and sprinkle over the dish before serving.
TIPS Gouda natural can be replaced with Gouda pepper cheese, Gouda herb garlic cheese or Young sheep cheese.
Instead, take a cabbage instead of Chinese cabbage.