Avocado soup with garlic and herb cheese
- Brunch Dishes, Lunch Dishes, Appetizers
- Young Cheese
- 4 persons
- 30 minutes
- 150 grams garlic and herb Gouda, cut into small cubes or grated
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 avocados, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 limes, squeezed
- 200 ml crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 shallot or small onion, finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper and salt
- 800 ml vegetable or herb stock, made from a cube
- 1 bag of salted tortilla chips
Cut an x in the bottom of the tomatoes, and place them in boiling water for a few seconds.
Peel them, and cut them into small cubes (without the seeds). Purée the avocados with the lime juice. Stir the tomatoes, crème fraîche or sour cream and the shallot through the avocado and season with pepper and salt. Heat the stock, without letting it boil. Stir in the avocado purée, mix well, and stir in the cheese cubes. Pour the soup into warm soup bowls or plates. Place a few tortilla chips in the soup and serve the rest on the side.
TIPS Garlic and herb Gouda can be substituted with pepper Gouda.
Why not sprinkle the tortilla chips with grated plain Gouda or a mild goat’s cheese and grill them lightly, until the cheese has just melted.