Goat's cheese salad with ham and grapes
- Brunch Dishes, Lunch Dishes
- Old Cheese
- 4 persons
- 25 minutes
- 400 grams mild goat’s cheese, cut into cubes or strips
- 50 grams unsalted cashew nuts or walnuts
- Red lettuce or oak leaf lettuce
- 200 grams ham on the bone, cut into strips
- 200 grams seedless grapes
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red fruit vinegar or apple juice
- Freshly ground pepper and salt
- ½ apple or a piece of cucumber, peeled and grated
Toast the nuts in a hot, dry frying pan. Divide the lettuce across four plates, and arrange the goat’s cheese, ham and grapes on top. Mix the ingredients for the dressing and sprinkle over the salad. Sprinkle the roast nuts on top. Lovely with a nut bread (such as walnut) or wholemeal bread.
TIPS Why not substitute the mild goat’s cheese with a mild ewe’s cheese or smoked cheese.
Substitute the ham on the bone with crispy fried bacon or low-fat smoked bacon bits or pancetta cubes.