Dutch grilled cheese sandwich with ham
- Lunch Dishes
- Young Cheese
- 2 pers
- 15 min
- 4 slices of organic mild Dutch cheese
- 4 slices of brown bread
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tomato or a piece of cucumber, sliced thinly
- 2 slices of smoked chicken fillet or ham
- 2 plakken gerookte kipfilet of ham
Spread the slices of bread with mustard, and put a slice of cheese on each one. Put the slices of tomato or cucumber onto 2 of the slices of bread, and put the chicken fillet or ham on top. Cover with the
2 slices with cheese. Toast the toasties until golden brown in a toastie maker, contact grill or frying pan. Cut the toasties in half diagonally.
TIPS The organic mild Dutch cheese can be substituted with plain Gouda, garlic and herb Gouda, or smoked Gouda.
Why not try a sweet toastie with pineapple or banana and a mild goat’s cheese with orange marmalade.