Smoked aubergine with cheese from the oven
- Smoked Cheese
- 4 pers
- 45 min
- gram smoked cheese, sliced
- aubergines, thinly sliced lengthwise
- ml of olive oil
- teaspoon of chili oil
- pinch of ground cumin (djinten)
- clove of garlic, peeled and pressed
- freshly ground black pepper and (sea) salt
- tablespoon of chopped mint or coriander (fresh or frozen)
Place the aubergines side by side on a baking tray. Mix the olive oil with chilli oil, cumin, garlic, pepper and salt. Pour or brush this mixture over the aubergine slices. Cover with foil and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220 °C or use a grill pan. Grill the aubergine on both sides until light brown. Spread the smoked cheese over the warm aubergine slices and roll up each slice firmly. Secure the rolls with skewers.
Serve them sprinkled with coriander with pita bread, naan bread or baguette.
TIPS Smoked cheese can be replaced with Young goat cheese or Young sheep cheese or Gouda hot & spicy.
Instead of roasted aubergine, have roasted paprika from a jar.