Frequently asked questions boat trip
Do you have a question about ordering a ticket online, want to know more about the route to Grand Café Henri Willig Boat Trip Giethoorn? Read the answers to the frequently asked questions.
1. - Buying and changing tickets
Do I need to book an online ticket?
Due to availability, we recommend booking your tickets in advance. You can book tickets online here. You can of course also book a ticket for the canal cruise in Giethoorn at our Grand Café Henri Willig on Rev. T.O. Hylkemaweg 39.
Can I change my online ticket(s)?
Up to 24 hours before the reserved visit day and start time, we are happy to help find a new visit time. Rebooking tickets is only possible if a new date and time is available. Contact us at email@example.com
I want to cancel my ticket, what should I do?
Tickets purchased online are non-refundable. Up to 24 hours prior to your visit, it is possible to rebook tickets to another date and time, subject to availability. Please contact us at Grandcafe@henriwillig.com
I have an online ticket and am coming with an extra person, can they enter at the same time?
You can still buy tickets in our restaurant, subject to availability.
Can I book by phone?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to reserve tickets by phone. Order tickets easily and quickly on our website.
Each ticket has the same name on it. Is that a problem?
No, that is not a problem. The ticket shows the name of the person who placed and paid for the order. Each individual ticket has a unique barcode, which is scanned at the entrance.
Do I have to print the ticket?
You can print an online ticket, but you don't have to. The ticket can also be shown on a mobile device at the entrance control (more durable).
Are discount tickets valid at Grand Café Henri Willig Boat Trip Giethoorn?
No, we do not work with discount cards.
2. - Problems with ordering tickets online
I have not received my ticket(s), but the money has been debited from my account.
There may be several reasons for not receiving your ticket(s) ordered online:
- The confirmation e-mail containing your tickets may be in the spam box or junk mail folder. With Gmail, the e-mail is often in the special spam or advertising folder.
- There may be a typo in the e-mail address, for example. If you contact us using the form at the bottom of this page, we will correct it and resend the tickets.
- Due to server problems, there may be delays. Please check your email again after a while.
I am unable to book a ticket online.
If ordering a ticket fails, there could be several reasons:
- Check your internet connection and refresh the web page. You can also try again in a different browser. Sometimes it can help to restart your computer.
I can't get through the payment page because I keep coming back to the same page.
There can be several reasons for not being able to complete the order:
- You can only go to the next page in the order process if all the details are entered correctly. When paying by credit card, check that there are no spelling errors in the cardholder details. Also do not forget to fill in your CVC code if paying by credit card. When paying by bank, the bank details must be correct.
Please note: avoid duplicate payments! First check whether the payment was successful before making another attempt.
- Sometimes it helps to use a different browser.
- Do you not have enough balance or is the payment refused by the credit card company? Try again, possibly with a different card.
I have problems downloading my ticket(s) on the order page.
After payment, you will receive an e-mail with the tickets as PDF files attached. You can show these attachments upon arrival at Grand Café Henri Willig Boat Trip Giethoorn.
3. - General questions, directions & Facilities
What is the address?
Grand Café Henri Willig Boat Trip Giethoorn
Rev. T.O. Hylkemaweg 39
8355 CE Giethoorn
31 (0)521-785 396
What are the times when Grand Café Henri Willig Giethoorn's Boat Trip takes place?
Daily at 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00.
From July 1 to Oct. 31; times may vary in the fall and winter.
Other options are available on request. Please contact us at Grandcafe@henriwillig.com
How do I get to Grand Café Henri Willig Boat Trip Giethoorn?
Grand Café Henri Willig Boat Trip Giethoorn is located at Ds. T.O. Hylkemaweg 39 Giethoorn.
Follow the A32. Take exit 5-Steenwijk-Zuid,
Take the Meppelerweg and Schansweg to the Blokzijlseweg/N333/N334 in Steenwijk,
Follow the N334 to the Bartus Warnersweg in Giethoorn
Continue on the Bartus Warnersweg to your destination
You can park behind our restaurant.
From Steenwijk station bus 70 towards Zwolle (via Zwartsluis) 12 stops, get off at stop Ds. T.O. Hylkemaweg. Then walk 700 metres (about 8 minutes)
What are the costs for Boat trip from Grand Café Henri Willig Giethoorn?
- Boat trip Giethoorn€ 10
- Boat trip Giethoorn child under 13 € 5
- Henri Willig Cheeseboard for 2 persons € 9.50
n.b. you can choose between 2 different cheese boards (while stocks last)
In which language is the Grand Café Henri Willig Giethoorn boat tour given?
We can give the boat tour in 3 languages (NL, EN, DUI).
If you would like another language, we can try to arrange this. For this, please send us an e-mail at Grandcafe@henriwillig.com at least 2 weeks before your visit
How do I book a group visit?
For this, please contact Grandcafe@henriwillig.com stating group visit.
Is the boat trip of Grand Café Henri Willig Giethoorn suitable for the disabled/deaf and hearing impaired?
Partly, the boat is not suitable for wheelchair access, a step has to be made from the quay into the boat, people who have difficulty walking we can assist with this.
For deaf and hard of hearing people we can provide a written text, for this please email us at Grandcafe@henriwillig.com at least 2 weeks before your visit
Is there a cloakroom?
No, there is a cloakroom.
Are there toilets available?
Yes, a toilet block is available.
Is your question not answered, or do you have another comment? Please contact us at Grandcafe@henriwillig.com