Mini cheese pita buns and oven baked eggs
- Brunch Dishes
- Young Cheese
- 4 pers
- 60 min
- Henri Willig Pepper cheese
- Henri Willig Extra old cow cheese
- Gold Willig matured cow cheese
- Kletzen toast ginger
- Garlic mayonaise
- 4 eggs
- Curry powder
- 4 slices of ham
- Creme fraiche
- Salt and pepper
- 250 gr flour
- 150 gr lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 g yeast
- 2 tsp salt
Oven baked eggs:
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Grease the ramekins with butter.
- Cut half a leek into thin rings and fry gently in a frying pan with some curry powder, pepper and salt.
- Cut the ham into cubes. Grate the mature cheese, about 2 tbsp.
- Now put the leeks, ham, 1 tbsp crème fraiche in the bowl.
- Break the eggs above it, but leave the yolks whole.
- If you don't like runny yolks, then beat the eggs.
- Divide this between the ramekins as best you can so it can cook evenly.
- Top with the ripe cheese.
- Take a large baking dish that will hold the ramekins generously.
- Place the ramekins in it and fill with boiling water so that the ramekins are halfway into the water.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Note that the egg is solidified.
- Otherwise, leave it a little longer in the oven.
Mini pita buns (10 pieces)
- Mix water with the yeast, stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Put flour, olive oil, salt and water mixture in a bowl.
- Use a food processor to make a smooth dough.
- This will take 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and let it rise for one hour.
- Then divide into 10 to 12 equal parts.
- Shape them into rounds and flatten them with your hand or a rolling pin.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 230 degrees with the baking sheet in it.
- Bake the buns in 10 minutes until done.
- Spread the rolls with the pepper cheese and a slice of chorizo.
- Leave the buns open so the cheese can melt well.
- Place in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with some slices of cucumber.
- Top the kletzen toast with aged cheese and the garlic mayonnaise.
Thank you Evelien from @gezelligerecepten for these delicious ideas for the Easter season!