Luxurious cheese board with Henri Willig Family Line cheeses and homemade pear balsamic jam
- Cheese Platters
- Young Cheese
- 4 pers
- 15 min
- Glorious Goat by Henri Willig
- Pure Perfection by Riet Willig
- Pure Gold by Wiebe Willig
- Tremendous Truffle by Martin Willig
- Sublime Sheep by Jacob Willig
- Roasted walnuts
- Olives with rosemary
- Blood orange
- Rosemary and sea salt crackers
- Thinly sliced apple
- Kletzen bread
- 1 pear
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
This cheese platter is the start of the show!
- Place the fig/balsamic dip around a central spot on your board
- Shave nice slices of the various family line cheeses and place them nicely around the fig/balsamic dip
- Then place the various cheeses all around. It's fun to cut these up in different ways, e.g., slices, cubes, slants.
- Place the crackers and biscuit bread with the cheeses
- Slice the blood orange and place it between the cheeses
- Do the same with the small pieces of apple
- Scatter the toasted walnuts and olives over your board
Recipe for the jam:
- Peel the pear and cut it into very small cubes.
- Put them in a pan with 2 tablespoons of water and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes on high heat. Keep stirring well! You can use the spoon to break up the pieces of pear a little, so that it becomes a thick puree.
- At the last moment, add the balsamic vinegar and let simmer for another 1 minute.
- Put the balsamic pear jam in a small jar with a small spoon and serve with your cheeseboard
Thanks to @courgetticonfetti for the beautiful cheese platter and recipe for the jam.