Bread and butter pudding with fenugreek Gouda
- Brunch Dishes
- Young Cheese
- 4 pers
- 50 min
- 300 grams fenugreek Gouda, cut into slices
- 14 slices of stale white bread
- 1 jar of apricot jam or orange marmalade
- 100 grams butter
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 250 ml whipping cream or double cream
- pepper and salt
- quiche tin or low square cake tin, ∅ 24 cm
Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Spread the bread
with apricot jam and put the cheese on top.
Thickly grease the tin and arrange the slices of bread in the tin so they overlap each other.
Beat the eggs with the milk, cream, pepper, salt and nutmeg and pour on top of the slices of bread.
Dot the bread with the rest of the butter. Bake the dish in the middle of the oven for 30-35 minutes, until done and golden brown.
TIPS Fenugreek Gouda can be substituted with plain Gouda or a mild goat’s cheese.
Substitute the nutmeg with a touch of cinnamon.
Order through our webshop: