Christmas Cheese Sticks
- Vegetarian Dishes
- Young Cheese
- 4 pers
- 20 min
- Henri Willig Green Pesto Cheese
- Henri Willig Red Pesto Cheese
- Henri Willig Truffle Cheese
- Filo pastry (5 thin slices)
- Baking spray of a litlle olive oil
This ultimate snack you just make yourself! In Christmas colors!!! How fun is that.
Thanks to @courgetticonfetti for the beautiful photos and delicious recipe.
The colorful and amazingly delicious cheeses she used are from @henriwillig
Recipe (20 cheese sticks)✨
1. Allow the filo dough to thaw.
2. If you are using your oven, preheat it to 220 degrees. If you use an airfryer, then you do not need to preheat it.
3. Take one large piece of filo pastry. Spray both sides with baking spray or lightly grease with a little olive oil. Then cut it into quarters (so you have 4 squares). Repeat this later with the rest of the filo pastry, so that you get a total of 20 smaller pieces.
4. Place a strip of cheese on the edge of a piece of filo pastry. Fold the outer edges of the filo dough over the cheese so that the ends are covered, and now roll the cheese all the way up in the filo dough. Like rolling up a burrito.
5. Repeat this with all the pieces of filo dough and strips of cheese.
6. Bake the cheese sticks for 3 minutes in your airfryer at 180 degrees (I find it works best!) or 4-5 minutes in your oven at 220 degrees. Until they are beautifully golden brown!
Nice with some sweet chili or mayo! Enjoy ❤️